The reading distance depends on which scanner you decide to purchase.
When do you need a long/extended range barcode reader?
- Where scanning is needed above normal shelf height, normally using forklifts.
- Scanning in fulfillment storage application 5-7 meter of the ground.
- Scanning shipping containers and in yard handling applications.
When do you need a standard range barcode reader?
- All of the products you pick and collect is in a shelf or pallets on the floor.
- Scanning of inbound goods, unboxing and unwrapping.
- If you manually handle products while packing the shipment/order.
When do you need a DPM barcode reader?
- Scanning products with engraved barcodes.
- Scanning small high-resolution barcodes.
Read more about our barcode readers on our website.